I was nominated for 2 blogging awards and I’m finally getting around to accepting. Sorry it took me so long guys!
The first award is from the talented T.R. Noble, of Inside Cup. T.R. and I are blogger friends and real life friends as well. Her blog tagline is “Getting to know God from the inside out.” It so fits her blog. Her blog, her ministry has been a blessing in my life as it makes me think and has helped me grow as a believer. I most recently enjoyed her post Prayer, What To Pray, which is about developing a deeper prayer life and saying no to the things that hinder a closer walk with Christ.
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post!
- They must include the rules & add the blog award as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people for the award (Or however many you want!)
- When I was a small girl, I wanted to be a ballerina when I grew up.
- I’m really into foraging and learning all I can about the beautiful green world around me.
- I’m quite drawn to the color orange. A lot of the flowers in my garden are orange or yellow.
- The Count of Monte Cristo is one of the books I am currently reading. So far I love it.
- I like to read a minimum of 2-3 books at a time.
- I dislike it when people, however well-meaningly stated, tease me about my slenderness. Ain’t nothing I can change about it and trust me, I’ve tried! I am me and this means embracing the body God has given me.
- Before I was a blogger, I was a poet. I wrote tons of poetry, the bulk of it in my last 2 years of high school. I want to get back to writing poetry. I’m going to start integrating purposeful moments where I can sit and reflect to further this goal 🙂
I nominate these two blogs (should they choose to accept) for The One Lovely Blog Award:
Look for the Good -a blog about striving for positivity in the midst of difficulty. She also blogs about travel and book reviews. I love her different approach!
Deep in the Heart of Textiles – all about textiles (beautiful antique quilts, woven items and others) and picturesque nature photography.
Thank-you Sharon from Leadership2Mommyship! This post was completely unexpected but I am grateful that you thought of me 🙂 What I love best about Sharon’s blog is that it pushes me to envision my goals and go after them wholeheartedly. I was blessed by her post Crave the Day: Have Goals? Get Uncomfortable. I totally needed to hear what she had to say! Goals are so important and I need to focus more in this area of my life.
- Why do you blog? I blog for two reasons: for myself and for others. I want to improve my writing skills, connect with other like minded people and share my thoughts. But mainly when I started my blog we had just been through a very trying time period financially. I knew there were thrify tips out there and I found them on other blogs. Reading all that knowledge and encouragement..I realized I wanted to add to that beauty.
- How did your blog name come about? The Buttercup Lamb is a mix of one of my favorite flowers and an animal I’ve always been fond of. My name Rachel actually means “like a lamb” so that is where that part comes into play. Lambs are gentle creatures, and a gentle approach is what I seek to convey in my posts. The two words together speak of all things outdoorsy and natural which is another focus of my blog.
- What goals do you have for your writing/blog? Wow tough question! For my writing I want to continue adding posts to my core categories (food, books, toddler activities). Becoming a better writer and blogger is an ongoing process. I know I have much to learn but I also have a few dreams for the blog. First, I’d like to make it to 50 posts which should be between now and the beginning of October.
- What do you like most about blogging? That feeling I get after I put a lot of effort into a post and people tell me they love it/were blessed by it.
- What do you like least about blogging? Trying to balance time with my family with time to blog. Sometimes I wonder if I’m doing it right! Oh and spam comments. Bleh.
- What causes are you passionate about? Carry the Future is an organization that gives aide and baby carriers to refugees, especially those in the Middle East. I need to gather some things to send in I keep putting it off! I also am very passionate about any cause that focuses on rescuing human trafficking victims. I applaud Joel and Luke of the band For King & Country for the awareness they have brought to the issue through their music and the movie “Priceless”.
- If you could pack your bags tomorrow and visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Undoubtedly to the UK to see all the places where Jane Austen lived. I so want to go!
- What skill are you trying to acquire/improve upon at the moment? Hmm. Currently I am reading up on knitting because I would like to learn. I like sewing and cross stitch but I’d like to begin knitting too.
- What is your favorite motivation quote? “Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.” -Jim Elliot
- If you could be a fairy tale character, which would you choose? Good question! I guess throughout my childhood I’ve always loved Pocahontas. Is she a fairy tale character? If not, Rapunzel. She has sweet hair.
- Which of your posts are you most proud of? Please share a link. Breastfeeding vs. Formula: The Good, the Bad and Everything in Between about my feeding experiences with my children and how you should not feel guilty about your choice. It was in my brain for a long time before I wrote it and at least 2 women told me they were very blessed by it. Also my Friendship (Is Greater Than) Politics post about the characters from L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables series and how they had full friendships in spite of political differences. It was an interesting and fun post to write.
I nominate these three blogs for the Liebster Award:
Boo Wholefoods-Rebecca blogs about how to eat well on a budget and discusses how emotions, excercise and diet are all intertwined. Her posts are encouraging and good reminders for me.
Sarah Emsley-is a writer and editor from Novia Scotia and Alberta who writes about authors like Jane Austen (my fav!) L.M. Montgomery, and Edith Wharton. She posts beautiful photos and helpful information about a variety of topics mainly related to these 3 authors.
Inside Cup-A fascinating blog by T.R. Noble. She shares her thoughts and scriptures that work to edify the spiritual walk of belivers in Christ. T.R. is also working on a Christian Fantasy book series which I look forward to reading upon its completion. Thank-you for blessing me with the nominations T.R.! I’m happy to take this opportunity to pass along the blessing 🙂
My questions, should these bloggers choose to accept this nomination:
- What is the most exotic/weird food you have ever eaten?
- What is a food that you like specific to the region or country that you are from?
- What is your favorite childhood book?
- What book(s) are you currently reading?
- Do you have a garden or houseplants? (If so, what are you growing?)
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- What is your favorite motivational quote?
- If time travel was an option, would you do it?
- In one sentence, what is your core reason for blogging?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What posts are you most proud of? Please share a link.
This post is getting lengthy but I wanted to add that if you want to find out more about The Liebster Award…the origin, meaning and rules they are here.