“Write what you know.” -Mark Twain
· · ·
As mothers we know There is beauty in the mess. Smiles, mud pies, tears.
· · ·
Welcome to The Buttercup Lamb! I’m Rachel and this is my itty bitty writer’s nook where I relay things I’ve learned and things I love.
Read more about why I named my blog “The Buttercup Lamb” here.
I am a wife to my husband (A), mother to my children: son (J) age 4 and daughter (L) age 1. Also fur mama to my kitty Stella (age 5). We live in a tiny home with a big backyard in the US of A.
Most of my ramblings fall into one or more categories of: food, motherhood, natural diys, books, or toddler activities.
Frugality is a part of my life and thus a part of the blog. Most things I share here have frugal roots. I love sharing bits and pieces of money saving ideas related to all the categories listed above.
My faith in Christ does flavor much of my life. So I do share some scriptures and thoughts. I don’t like to be judgemental or pushy about it. But my love for Him colors my world.
Other things I love:
- Natural DIYs
- And all things Jane Austen.
This blog is a place for growth. For hope.
I began this blog in 2014 for two reasons.
1) For myself. To improve my writing. For therapy. For investment in my personal happiness. And as a means to communicate with other like-minded adults (haha).
2) For others. Because I know the struggle. Life isn’t always easy. I know this. I’ve been there. I wanted to add to the beauty and the resources that help those who look for solutions to difficult questions.
- How do I find doable toddler activities (that don’t totally sap my stamina and patience)?
- How do I find healthy and cheap food that is both well liked and easy to make?
- What books are worth my time?
- How did you make it through a difficult moment (or season) of motherhood? An example=my feeding experiences when my kids were babies.)
These are just a few of the questions that I hope to answer here on The Buttercup Lamb.
Thank-you for stopping by 🙂