Lately I’ve been working on a big ole post of all things apples. Oh yes the marvelous season of apples is beginning! I’m so excited. I’m working on canning and tweaking a recipe for a certain apple dessert.
In the meantime, I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes for baked beans.
My mom and I invented this recipe together. It was one of those days when we weren’t sure what to have for lunch (I was a teenager at the time and still living at home). My mom had a brilliant idea to take a simple can of baked beans and spruce it up.
And this recipe was born.
Garlic, butter, dill and beans. That’s it! The flavors work so well together. Garlic and butter give it a great flavor and the dill adds another layer to the dish. Plus dill is a herb which is good for digestion and the…problems associated with eating beans. Haha.
I always use the cheapest kind of beans from Aldi (49¢ pork & beans). The type of beans doesn’t matter because the sauce will just be rinsed off the beans 🙂
4 Ingredient Baked Beans with Garlic and Dill
- 1 can pork and beans, drained and rinsed.
- 6 tablespoons butter (more or less to your liking)
- a teaspoon or two of dill weed (I went heavy on the dill)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 395°.
- Slice half of the butter into a small baking pan and put it into the oven to melt.
- Add the garlic to the butter and stir.
- Add the beans and dill.
- Slice the remaining butter and place it on top of the beans. (This keeps the beans from becoming dry.)
- Bake in the preheated oven till bubbly, 20 or so minutes.
It cost me about $1.50 to make this easy dish of beans. I used some garlic from my garden and dill weed from a bulk food store to save some pennies 🙂